Monday, April 21, 2014

Deviled Avocado Eggs

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a fabulous Easter full of yummy food and making memories! This year Gavin and I spent Easter at our friends/my employers home. My contribution to our brunch was deviled avocado eggs. I came across the recipe on fb and honestly had no idea if they would be good or not. 

They were delish!! I'm an avocado lover so I had a feeling they would turn out great. The recipe was super easy too minus the peeling the eggs part. (Gavin's contribution in which he complained the whole time haha) 

What you need:
-Carton of 18 eggs
-2 avocados
-4 tsps of Lime juice
-2 tsps of Cilantro(I used a paste and it worked so well)
-3 egg yokes 
-1 tbls of minched red onion
-Dash of salt and pepper

How to:
- Boil you eggs on the stove and then peel them

-Once you have peeled your eggs cut them vertically, make sure to keep three yokes. Then place them around a tray. 

-In a small bowl mash up your avocado and egg yokes then in add your lime, cilantro, red onion and salt & pepper. 


- Fill egg egg half with a little scoop of your avocado filling. Cover with tin foil and refrigerate until you are ready to serve. 


*The lime juice keeps the avocado from going bad and turning a dark shade. 

Mary xx

17 comments:

  1. I do not usually like deviled eggs, it's a yolk thing haha, BUT these on the other hand look tasty! I'm very curious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't like deviled eggs either but I loved these! Lime and avocado are two of my favorite things. Not to mention after boiling the eggs it literally takes maybe five minutes to make!

      Delete
  2. Ahh this sounds unbelievably good! I love deviled eggs and avocados so this is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so great! I'll have to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound really good! I don't normally like deviled eggs because most recipes my family/friends have use mayo and I can't eat that stuff so I may have to try these for a party sometime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually like them either but I loved these!

      Delete
  5. Now these are deviled eggs I'd eat!! SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, this reminds me of "green eggs" a la Dr. Seuss! :) I bet they would be tasty, I really like avocado!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol the little kids kept saying that! They loved it lol

      Delete
  7. Yum! I totally need to add avocado to my deviled eggs next time I make them. How have I never thought of this? I bet those were the hit of your Easter get-together for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally were! I was surprised how much everyone loved them!

      Delete
  8. Holy YUM!! Any leftovers? I'll be over in 5 minutes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looking for this recipe! So glad you posted it!! Thank you and yum

    ReplyDelete

© Your Blog Title. Powered by