Thursday, March 6, 2014

Five on Friday

Yay it's Friday and after a week full of rain we are suppose to have sunny skies and highs in the mid 70's this weekend! Woohoo! I'm linking up with Darci, April, Christina and Natasha for Five on Friday!


One~ Friday Funnies
I came across a funny website called bored panda and they had a hilarious post about dogs and cats losing the battle against human furniture. Here are a few that gave me a good laugh...

Two~ A small prayer each day
With Lent starting this past Wednesday one of the things I am hoping to do more of during the Lenten period is praying. My  Mom sent me a link to receive an email each day with a short prayer. I thought it was a great idea and wanted to share the link for others to sign up if you would like. It's called 'Lenten reflections for busy people'

Three~ Oscars
Did you all catch the Oscars?? Normally I don't watch them but this year I caught the whole awards ceremony.  I didn't have the chance to see any of the movies that were nominated as I tend to think the movie theater is insanely overrated and I wait till it reaches Redbox. However watching the Oscars made me really want to see all of them. Gavin and I had the chance to watch Dallas Buyers Club the other night and it was phenomenal!! I have always been a fan of Matthew McConaughey and was happy he won, but after watching his film I can totally understand and respect the fact that he won. His role was so different than any he has played before. I highly recommend it. We are hoping to watch Wolf of Wall Street and Gravity next! 

Four~ Perfume Lotion
Did you know that you can have lotion made in the scent of your perfume?  I know that you can buy it along with your perfume sometimes but if you want a cheaper option you can get it made at Perfumania.   I had no idea until my Mom gave me a bottle of Spa Lotion for my birthday in which they look my Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue perfume that I love and sprayed it into a special kind of lotion.  It is great for when you want to match the scent of your perfume and lotion.


Five~ I choose Joy
Do any of you listen to radio morning show called The Bobby Bones Show?  The show is made up of a group of friends and they are quite hilarious at times and very real at other times.  This week is Joy week on their show.  Amy, one of the members on the shows Mom is fighting Cancer for the third time and she stated that this time around she is choosing joy.  That is what prompted this idea.  I thought this was a great idea.  They also have a daily segment called "Tell me something good".  It is always uplifting and makes me happy to hear when people do nice things for each other and I love reading the  pay it forward stories.  I am hoping to participate in pay it forward soon.  Have any of you?? I thought choosing joy couldn't have come at a better time with Lent just starting.  Many think of this time as a gloomy time but it shouldn't be.  It should be joyful.  You don't always have to give something up for Lent you can also choose to do something or do a combination.  Are you choosing to do anything?  I want to feel even more joy in my life, and I truly feel happy and joyful when I help another person.  I have asked Gavin to join me in volunteering a few time throughout Lent and hope to share the joy with him.  There are so many opportunities to help and I promise if you choose to it will make you feel a different kind of happiness and it will completely fill your heart.  

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend. I also hope you find extra joy in your life whether you participate in Lent or not you can always volunteer, pay it forward or simply just choose joy!

Mary xx



20 comments:

  1. Those photos of the dogs and cats are too cute!! Furniture is quite dangerous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are so funny - especially the cat getting caught in the blinds!!! Love the idea of turning your perfume into lotion!!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I never even thought about it till my Mom gave me it. Thanks, I hope you do as well!

      Delete
  3. I loved Dallas Buyers Club too. And make sure you watch 12 Years a Slave. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we need to add that one to the list as well! So many good ones to see and try and fit in all my tv shows lol Hope you have a great weekend

      Delete
  4. I love the goal of taking time to get into the word and pray for Lent :) Happy Friday! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gotten two emails so far and I am really enjoying it. Hope you have a lovely weekend! xx

      Delete
  5. Those animals are hilarious! I wish I could have caught the oscars. We don't have cable so I was staying up to date with the happenings online. Happy to be a new follower here!

    Tattered to Taylored

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for the follow! Yeah they were pretty funny this year. I have only had cable in the recent years so i know how you feel! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I just subscribed thank you so much for sharing....it is so easy to get caught up in the craziness of the everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not see the Oscars, but now I'm hoping to watch 12 Years a Slave soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping to watch that this weekend as well but the time flew by and it's already Sunday night :/ boo I hate how fast the weekends go!!

      Delete
  8. Dallas Buyers Club was SO good and MM totally deserved that Oscar! I loved his acceptance speech, too even though so many people tore him apart for it. I want to see Wolf of Wall Street next, love me some Leo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved his speech too! I thought it was the best one! People always like to tear you down especially when you're at the top. Gavin really wants to see Wolf of Wallstreet and you won't see me saying no lol

      Delete
  9. ohhhh man, we had an oscar movie viewing sesh monday, and watched dallas buyer's club and gravity... I love, love, love mcconaughey, and I'm just so happy he won.

    that site with the dogs and furniture is hysterical. great find!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I do too! I've been a fan of him said maid in Manhattan haha Animals always seem to make me laugh!

      Delete
  10. hahaha, the cat is the best in the blinds. Pets are too funny. I missed the Oscars, but I usually watch them and I am bummed I missed them this year because Ellen is hilarious. Life got in the way of my tv time, shucks =) Although I haven't seen any of the nominations anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't watched any of them either but now I wanna see them all! Lol I know the blinds one was my favorite too, my cat actually got her head stuck in a kitchen chair like the one picture before, it was quite funny. Hope you're having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

© Your Blog Title. Powered by