Monday, February 24, 2014

Tastyyyy TV Tuesday

So I don't know if you heard but three great shows come back this week!! I can't be the only TV junkie jumping with joy. What are your guilty pleasure TV shows??
#1.
It really is the best singing show out there! Not to mention all the judges are hilarious. Gavin and I always pick a team from the start and the rivalry gets more intense as the season goes on! I was Team Adam last season and we completely destroyed Gavin's Team Ceelo! Gavin usually wins thing so it was fun to rub it in his face for awhile!! The season just kicked off last night. Stay tuned to find out who my team is this season!

#2. 

I have been a long time fan, even through the weird seasons. Grey's will go down in my TV history as one of my all time favorite shows. (12 brand new episodes in a row starting this Thursday incase you didn't know!!)

#3.

Please tell me you have watched Scandal and are as completely addicted to it as I am?! It is quite intense and super juicy and it's all new this Thursday as well. I am literally jumping with joy at all my shows coming back the same week!

As I was scrolling my fb timeline I came across an awesome recipe. It can totally be ate as a meal, snack or side dish. I've been waiting to make it till my mom gets here tonight because I know she'll love it too. But it looks to good to wait another week to share it with you. 

Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad

  • 1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped*
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 hass avocado, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 2 limes, juice of
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste

In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.

In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss.Adjust salt and pepper to taste.

Let me know if you try it! Have a great Tuesday!
Mary xx


16 comments:

  1. Mine is the Bachelor...always has been. And it comes on again tonight...PUMPED! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to watch that too! Yay for our shows being back!! I get so invested in them sometimes haha Hope your day goes quick so you can relax and watch your show xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched Grey's in years but used to LOVE that show. So much! Also..have heard GREAT things about scandal! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been around sooo long. I stopped watching for a little then caught up on Netflix and I'm hooked again haha You should check out scandal it's super good!! xx

      Delete
  3. I honestly didn't even know what to do with myself last night: the voice, rhobh and the bachelor!! I have to admit - the Voice won over!! The first girl was crazy good!! I'm a tv junkie as well - and I'm so beyond excited for Scandal this thursday!! :) also, definitely trying the recipe out...i have some extra shrimp frozen from earlier in the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely chose the voice over the bachelor lol I seriously can't wait for scandal tho! I was left shocked with the last episode!! I was all ready to make the recipe and realized I forgot limes. But it looked too good not to share right away!

      Delete
  4. Ohhhhh I've had that one pinned forever and still haven't tried it! I watch the worst trash tv :-) I am so excited for Scandal to come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then I will have to let you know how it tastes!! I know I'm so excited! I'm also dying for revenge to come back!!

      Delete
  5. Hi lady! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Your blog is adorable so way to go on a cute layout first of all. Let me know if you have any questions at all about blogging and feel free to browse mine for the tips I've posted over the years! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you soo much!! :) I appreciate it! I will definitely be checking your blog out. I already see you're from Cleveland.. My best friends from beach wood.

      Delete
  6. Can you believe I don't watch any of those 3 shows?! And I consider myself a TV junkie! I really need to get on the Scandal bandwagon.. I've heard it's so good! Drooling over that shrimp dish, I will definitely be trying that! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be joking??!!! They are all great! If you have to pick one is suggest Scadal tho!! I know, I have to make it too!! Just need to find some spare time lol

      Delete
  7. That salad looks delish! And I love The Voice too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary! OMG looks delishhhh! Thanks for that post.
    Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself as your newest follower. Hope you'll come by and follow along with our little family in south FL.
    xx
    Christina

    The McGuire Family

    MarkChristinaMcGuire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww yay thanks for following me! I seriously get so excited when I get a new follower lol I will definitely come by and check out your blog and give you a follow as well!!

      Delete

© Your Blog Title. Powered by