Sunday, February 23, 2014

Monday Funday

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, Gavin and I sure did. We got together with our 'friend couple' for some amazingly delicious pizza and then drinks the next night. It's fun to have another couple to hangout with.

 Yesterday I got the itch to get organized. I really hate how our bathroom is setup, but since we rent there isn't much I can do about it. I can however find ways to eliminate the clutter and disorganization, which became my main goal! If you're looking to get organized I highly recommend a trip to your local Dollar Tree, not Family Dollar... As nothing actually seems to be a dollar there. There really isn't a better feeling that having things clean and organized! 

I even reorganized my shoes, as I don't have room for a shoe rack 

So am I the only who didn't know that you have to wash your washing machine??
 I probably am. Our clothes weren't smelling fresh so I got on Google and started trying to figure out what was wrong and came across lots of remedies for cleaning the washing machine. 
My choosen process:
1. Fill washer with hot water and pour in 1 quart of Bleach (I choose a linen bleach)
2. Let washer run a normal cycle all the way through with the bleach water
3. As soon as the cycle ends refill washer with hot water and pour in 1 quart of Distilled white vinegar
4. Let washer run a normal cycle all the way through with vinegar water
5. Wipe down lid, dispensers, and outside with vinegar for a sparkly white finish 


IPSY
Well it looks like my complaining on Five on Friday worked! My glam bag finally arrived Saturday!! And it was full of amazing goodies! 

I know I'm a total nerd that all the cleaning and organizing was a fun day for me lol Hope you're having an awesome Monday!

Mary xx


19 comments:

  1. Organizing always feels great and the bright colors of the bins makes it even better! I adore Dollar Tree. Visiting from #fundaymonday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I just feel so accomplished after too! You can find some great things at the dollar tree... They have even more bright colors than the ones I bought! Happy Monday!

      Delete
  2. You are amazing! I definitely need to get to reorganizing...badly! Thanks for the inspiration!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! It feels great once you're done!! Happy Monday girlfriend!! xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh organizing. Such a hard task to actually do but feels so much better when it's completed :) Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I glared at those shelves all cluttered for weeks and finally couldn't take it anymore yesterday lol Hope you're having a great start to your Monday!

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous that you rent & have an in unit washing machine!! We have one in our building, but not just for our use...Love the Zoya nail polish color!! Perfect for spring! i feel like i need to get to some spring cleaning soon!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually had to buy the washer and dryer ourselves :( our complex doesn't have any! It is nice to have our own tho, no worrying. I love it too! I painted my toes in it last night and am in love!! Hope your Monday is off to a great start!

      Delete
  5. I am such a weirdo but I LOVE organizing my bathroom and kitchen lol. I am incredibly jealous that you get to wash out your washer and dryer. We have a community laundry room and BLAAAAH, some of the units stink. I'm tempted to run a cycle and clean it out before putting our laundry in, however it's already $2.75 a wash. Whomp whomp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a bummer! Yeah I wouldn't wanna pay that extra either. Try pouring in some vinegar with your clothes, it sounds gross but it helps! I love organizing too! I don't have patience for my kitchen but I loved doing my bathroom and shoes! Hope you're having a great Monday!

      Delete
  6. Yay for your Ipsy bag coming! Those eyelashes look amazing! And I totally didn't know you needed to clean your washing machine either... I have bleach and vinegar so I'll for sure be doing that this week - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me feel better that I'm not the only one lol but make sure you don't mix the bleach and vinegar at all because it's creates a dangerous gas when they are combined.

      Delete
  7. Your under the sink area looks just like mine. I totally get those urges to reorganize everything but it's such a process because I literally tear everything apart and then try to put it back together...I usually end up rediscovering so many products I didn't know that I had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I totally did! My bathroom counter and top of washing machine and dryer were covered with stuff. It was the best feeling when I was done! I discovered lots of cosmetics I didn't know I had and that I may have an obsession with lotion lol

      Delete
  8. oh man I've been needing to (and putting off repeatedly) organize my bathroom. I should probably take a look at the dollar store, my makeup needs some serious organizing.
    I had no idea you cleaned your washing machine...I wonder if it is different for a front loader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My make up was everywhere! I didn't even know what I had lol A front loader is a little different. Here are aome directions for you tho :) http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/how-to-fix-smelly-washing-machine.html

      Delete
  9. That's awesome - do you want to come organize my house now? HAHAHA! Seriously though, I need to organize my house! :) I co-hosted the linkup this week - thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I would love too!! It's seriously so much easier to do someone else's! I do organizing for other ppl as a little side job :) that was my first Monday Funday link up! I'll definitely check out your blog!

      Delete

© Your Blog Title. Powered by