Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Lucky Rainbow Chex mix... Taste of Tuesday

Yesterday we celebrated the tenth birthday of the little girl I watch everyday. I wanted to do something fun with her after school since she opened all her presents on Saturday at her party.
I came across Lucky Rainbow Chex mix, in other words a child's dream snack. And I won't lie I couldn't stop eating it either!! 
It's a great recipe to do with kids because they can actually help! The recipe takes about ten mins and only has four ingredients. 

What you need:

-A medium sized box of lucky Charms
- A box of either corn or rice Chex 
- Either two bags of vanilla chips, or blocks of vanilla. I couldn't find chips so I bought the blocks and it was super easy
-One small bottle of colored sprinkles 

Directions:

- Have the kids separate the marshmallows into one bowl and the regular cereal pieces into another 
- You need 2 cups of each
- Measure 6 cups of Chex into another bowl
- Combine Chex and normal cereal pieces in one bowl
- Put 12 oz of vanilla in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute
-Stir melted vanilla and pour over Chex and cereal combination-stir well
- Add marshmallows and continue storing
-Add sprinkles and stir one last time 

Optional:

I decided to make individual portions by using cupcake containers so the kids don't eat too much at a time

They were a total hit! Enjoy!

Mary xx 



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good mix for St. Patty's day too! Aria is totally getting some Lucky Charms in March. At least I know those are delish - I got her some strawberry shredded wheat for a Vday snack and they are gross. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I didn't even consider St. Patty's Day! Great idea, I think they would also work for when the kids being in a birthday snack! Aww too bad they were gross :/

      Delete
  2. Yum!!!! Mail me some, please! :) You seem so good with children! An activity that is fun, includes them, and moderating their intake...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I absolutely love children, I am currently a nanny. But I can't wait for the day I have my own :)

      Delete

© Your Blog Title. Powered by