Friday, February 14, 2014

Five on Friday Valentine's Style

A little fun fact about me, I love love love holidays even Hallmark holidays. I may also tend to go a little over board when it comes to decorating and gift giving. So this five on Friday is all about Valentine's Day with the exception of my first being dedicated to raising awareness of Menkes Syndrome.

One~ Team Teddy

Together let's raise awareness of Menkes Syndrome. Just this past November, Teddy was diagnosed with Menkes Syndrome, also known as "kinky hair syndrome", a rare genetic disease that affects approximately 1 in 450,000 male babies. It is a terminal disease and there are currently only a handful of documented cases in the entire United States. It receives little to no medical attention or research funding. 



Two~ Valentine's Day as a Nanny


I love doing arts and crafts with little kids, they get so excited. I wish I had more time to do crafts with the kids I watch; we were able to find some time to make homemade cards for their parents. Even the baby had fun, he laughed and wiggled his toes when they were full of paint. 

Three~ My Valentine {Gavin} 
This is the first Valentine's Day Gavin and I get to spend together! Last year we were in different states. I couldn't be more excited! As you can see by the pictures I may have gone a little overboard with decorating and crafty cute presents. But I just couldn't help myself. I feel like a little kid jumping up and down with excitement and full of butterflies to celebrate this day with my love. I am truly one lucky girl to have such an amazing man so I wanted to make him feel extra special! 

Four~ Rollin Sushi

I love going out to dinner but I'm not a fan of waiting forever for a reservation. Gavin and I have decided to have a date night in. We are big sushi lovers and are going to attempt to make and roll our own sushi. Cross your fingers for us that it works!! I think we might have a big mess on our hands. Pictures to come on my next post! 

Five~ Looking forward

We are busy busy busy per usual, but we have a lot to look forward too. While I'm really not looking forward to turning the big 25 in a few weeks, I am super super excited that my Mom is coming to visit me over my birthday weekend!! I miss her lots and can't wait for her to get here! She officially booked her ticket last night! Tomorrow Gavin and I have a couples wedding shower for an amazing couple we met down here in Georgia. This will be Gavin's first shower of any type. We will finish up the weekend with a double date on Sunday evening with Gavin's friends from England who will be in town! Which means I need to get my butt on Pinterst and find some awesome recipes to impress them! 

Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day and an awesome weekend. Thanks so much to Darci, Natasha, April and Christina for letting me link up with them again for Five on Friday!

Mary xx 






30 comments:

  1. AHh, Mary!! I cereal-ously love that cereal valentine!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! That was Gavin's favorite one!

      Delete
  2. Okay, how cute are all of your decorations?!! And I'm looking forward to your sushi post...I've always wanted to try making sushi but I'm too intimidated!! Have fun celebrating with your love today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!! I love decorating. Hope you enjoy yours too!!

      Delete
  3. Girl we are opposites! I grew up in GA and recently just moved to Michigan. I am so jealous of your warmer temps right now, although it has been much colder there than normal too! I'm loving your blog. Happy Valentine's Day to you and the hubby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! It's like we switched lives lol and thanks!! I'm actually jealous of your snow! Hope you have a great one too!!

      Delete
  4. Cutest cards ever + the I cereal-ously love you...ha! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks girl!!! That one is definitely the hit!

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to try making my own sushi! Let us know how it turns out! And I love your little love notes, especially the cereal one haha! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I think your Valentine's Day decor is great!! I bet the kids love doing crafts for all these little holidays!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! They totally do, the two little ones thought putting their feet in paint was the funniest thing ever! Hope you have a great one too!!

      Delete
  7. How darling is your Valentine's table decorations! So cute you are making me seriously second guess my lame card ;-)

    ~Amanda
    Meet @ the Barre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww lol thanks! I sure your card is lovely :)

      Delete
  8. Your point about Valentine's day as a nanny made me smile! Kids' craft on Valentine's are so cute! I'm not a sushi fan myself, but my family loves it and makes their own--they do say that it's pretty tricky, but even if it ends up a little messy I bet it tastes the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are too cute. The kids came home today with some super cute ones too. There are some crafty ppl out there, I need to step my game up even more lol

      Delete
  9. aww love the thumb bodies craft, although it took me at least half a minute to figure out how I was suppose to read it. More coffee needed I guess.

    All the little Valentine's you made for Gavin are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! Don't worry when I first came across it it took me a few seconds to get it too then I was ohhh that's soo cute lol their mom loved them!! Gavin got a kick out of them so that made it all worth it :)

      Delete
  10. Visiting from the link up. Cute valentine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from the Mitten Mary!!! As you may know its chilly and super snowy here! Jealous of your warmer weather!
    P.S. I love you Etsy shop-- super cute idea!

    perfectlyscrubbed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I'm jealous of your snow! Lol I miss it! Totally added you to my reading list, love meeting michigan bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! Cheers to both of our v-days as nannies! I surprised my 3 littles with heart shaped dunkin doughnuts! YUM! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I bet they loved them!! I wouldn't even let mine eat the candy I got them because they had too much at school lol

      Delete
  14. These are so cute !!! I love all the little ideas you made, the table looked lovely =]
    Hope you had a good night !

    Victoria x
    http://alfandemilio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks!! The boy loved it so that made it all worth it!

      Delete
  15. Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day planned!! Just found your blog and I'm loving it! I'm your latest reader! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww yay thanks girl!! Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  16. new follower here! cute blog:)
    -meg
    babydolan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Your Blog Title. Powered by