Friday, February 21, 2014

Five on Friday... February Blues

Friday, I am so glad we meet again! It has been a busy and tiring week with the parents of the kids I nanny out of town, I'm a little more worn out than normal. Changes topics to not make myself realize how tired I actually am... Can you all believe there is only a week left in February?? This month has gone crazy fast. As I write this post I find myself with a little bit of the 'February blues'.

To start off this rainy Friday here is a flashback picture from when I was traveling in Europe. This picture is from Tallinn Estonia 

ONE~ My first horrible experience living in the South
While at the recycling center this week I stepped in what appeared to be sand. Within seconds my toes began itching (it's already warm enough here for flip flips) By the end of the night my last two toes were swollen and had big white puss blisters on them. It turns out that sand piles here are actually homes for red ants!! :/ My poor little toes are in so much pain and won't stop stinging/itching/burning. I already hate ants more than anything but I now hate them even more than I thought possible. I'd post a picture but is probably gross you all out and I need to reaping my toenails. 

TWO~ The Blues
Last week I either over stretched the outside of my foot or possible sprained the outside of my ankle/foot. I have tried everything to make it stop hurting and not much has helped. I really wanted to get out of my rut and get back on a workout and healthy eating routine and this injury is messing it all up. I soaked my foot with some Epsom salt today so hopefully that will help. I think my lack of exercise is adding to my fatigue and making me feel blue. 

THREE~ IPSY
I highly anticipate receiving my Ipsy glam bag each month. For those of you who aren't familiar, Ipsy is a makeup and feminine products distributor. For $10 each month you get a glam bag in the mail with around six products for you to try. As soon as I get the email saying my glam bag is on it's way I track it like crazy. I am currently pouting because my bag was suppose to be here Tuesday but has been sitting in Orlando since Monday for some reason. I'm always so excited with I see that metallic hot pink bag in the mail box but this week I'm all frowns when I get the mail. I would totally understand and be more patient if I lived where the bad weather was but I mean come on it's in the 80's here my package should not be this delayed. Totally a first world problem I know, I should kinda be ashamed at myself. But I love surprises and each month is a bag full of girly surprises! 

Sad face for no new packages full of makeup. 

FOUR~ Finishing up some crafts 
Since I've been skipping the gym I did find some time to finally finish my little craft project for our dining room. Pretty happy with how they turned out

FIVE~ Positive Note
Well I can't end my five on Friday negatively especially when I have a million things to be thankful. Like the fact that my Mom will be here in four days!!! Ahh can't wait to see her! The fact that I sold two engagement baskets this week!! Yay for BrideToBeBaskets! I am thankful that I have a job, family, friends and the love and friendship of an amazing man! I find that motivational quotes and messages really brighten my day, here are a few of my favs that I came across on twitter...

"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that airplanes take off against the wind, not with it."

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."

"Dont waste time grieving over past mistakes. Learn from them and move on."

"When you judge someone before knowing them, you do not define them; you define yourself."

And the last...

"Many of life's failure are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."


Hope you enjoyed my positive note because you are all totally allowed to send me some cheese for all my whining. Hope you have a great Friday! Thanks to Darci, April, Natasha, and Christina for the link up today!



Mary xx

17 comments:

  1. Oh man, I remember fire ants when I was living in the South! Those hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They so do! I had no idea what bit me until a Southerner told me :(

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness your poor feet this week!! Ants are absolutely the worst!! Yay for your mom coming to visit! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! At least my Momma will be here soon lol Thanks I hope you do too!!

      Delete
  3. Your poor tootsies! Fire ants are the worst. Here's to it being Friday :) Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never experienced them before. Michigan doesn't have them. Buy yes cheers to Friday, I'm so happy it's the weekend. Hope you have a great one!!

      Delete
  4. Visiting from the link up. Ahh! I heard about those red ants in the south! We don;t have that problem up North but that is scary! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just added it to me list of reasons why I miss the north lol There is a lot to get use to down here. Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Oh red ants are the worst!!!! Lots of benedryl cream and try not to scratch them it makes it worse! Red ants and cockroaches...the things I'll never get use to living in the south!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even thought to use benedryl. I will never get use to them either! I saw one cockroach and made our apartment ppl have pest control come right over.

      Delete
  6. Ants??!! Icky!! And congrats on selling two baskets - that's huge, girlfriend!!! Mizzzz you <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to be a good person and recycle lol Thanks!! Miss you tooooo

      Delete
  7. oh my goodness, your poor toes!! that make up bag sounds SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super fun, I highly recommend it. I've gotten some great products!

      Delete
  8. Oh no I feel so bad for your poor feet! Watch out for those deadly ant beds. Accidentally stepping in one is the worst, but I've totally done it too! Aren't monthly subscription boxes the best?! It is like Christmas every time I get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are!! And it looks like my complaining worked cause it finally arrived!! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. I get Birchbox and I totally track that thing like crazy, too! Best day of the month when it arrives! Hope your toes and ankle are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete

© Your Blog Title. Powered by