Friday, February 28, 2014

Birthday Five on Friday

Happy Friday Lovies! 

I am in the best spirits; my Mom is here and my big girl birthday is tomorrow! 

ONE~My Mom

Tuesday evening was an especially exciting day because my Mom flew down to Georgia from Michigan to visit! I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving which is way way too long for both our liking. Thankfully I have a job that allows her to come with me since I can't take time off. She's been enjoying playing with the little ones with me. Last night we went to yoga class together and had a great fun workout. 

TWO~ High School Graduation to 25th Birthday



THREE~ The Big 25!

I honestly can't believe I'm turning 25 tomorrow. The time has gone so fast. I don't feel this old. 25 to me seems like the age you become an adult not 21. You know how every year on your birthday people always ask you if you feel older and the honest answer is usually "no" well this year the answer is yes. I'm a quarter century. I use to be such a planner but I am trying not to be so much anymore. Life doesn't go according to plan. In my unrealistic plan I should have accomplished so much more and different things than I already have and I should be married with kids and a job that will get me to early retirement. That is not my current reality and I couldn't be happier. I may not be married with kids but I have the love of an amazing man and wonderful, loving and supportive family and friends. I also love my job, while it is not a profession I will always have I'm currently perfectly happy with it. The last few months leading up to my birthday I've been pouting and sad that I'm turning 25, but now that the day has almost arrived I'm happy and excited to celebrate the day with my Mom and Gavin. :) 

FOUR~ Elegant and oh so Beautiful

My Mom gave me the biggest surprise birthday present! (Like mother like daughter... We both get so excited about presents that we make people open them early lol) 

My first set of real pearls!!! They are beautiful and I am in love with them and so thankful! 


FIVE~ Plans

My birthday weekend plans consist of going to my favorite pizza place for dinner tonight with my Mom, Gavin and our friends then out to drinks. Saturday my Mom, Gavin and I are heading up to Atlanta to go to the Coke Factory and the Aquarium then off to do some shopping on Sunday! Can't wait for the fun to begin after work today. Had to reuse the bow my Mom gave me on my present 

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thanks to Darci, April, Christina and Natasha for the wonderful Five on Friday link up! 

Mary xx

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Happy Birthday sweetheart, glad your Mom is with you. I've missed 2 birthdays with David and can't wait to celebrate with him when he returns, sometime in spring. Enjoy #25 it's seems like a big number, but always remember it is ONLY a number! You, like Danielle, look way younger than your ages, & probably always will. Take your ID when you go to celebrate, for you will surely be carded! Love you!! XOXOXO Hug your Mom for me!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Aunt Carla!! I will definitely give her a hug for you! Lol I will be carded for forever lol David will be home before you know it!!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!! Those pearls are to die for!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday weekend! It sounds like you have a great weekend planned out... and it doesn't get any better than the first real set of pearls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know I'm super excited! I've never been to Atlanta before either! It really doesn't, I love them!

      Delete
  4. Hope you have an amazing birthday weekend! Those pearls look gorgeous! Every girl should have a set of pearls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday, and yay for mommy time!! Please tell her hello from me - we need a phone date, btw...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! And yes we do like yesterday!! Maybe when you're home from your mini vaca?? And my mom says hey!! :)

      Delete
  6. Visiting from the link-up! Your pearls are beautiful! Have a great weekend with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Hope you have a great weekend too :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday Eve! Best month to have a birthday, in my humble I-also-have-a-march-bday opinion =) Those are beautiful pearls, every girl needs pearls - esp now that you are in the south. It is great your mom got to come down to see you this weekend, I hope you guys have just a little too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlfriend!! :) yay for being march birthday twins!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well!!

      Delete
  8. Happy early birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful time celebrating with your mom and the pearls are beautiful!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  9. HAPPY 25TH!!!!! Love that you are spending some special quality time with your Mom. Nothing beats a good hug and birthday love from Mama!!!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, we are having an amazing time!!! :)

      Delete
  10. Happy early birthday!!! I'm the same way I can't wait to give or open presents!! The pearls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I know we just get so excited and open them early lol Gavin actually just gave me the one from him too haha! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. Happy early Birthday! Looove the pearls, such a timeless gift! And I totally felt the same way when I turned 25 last summer. And now I have a really hard time remembering how old I am, for some reason I keep thinking I am 23?! Who knows but so happy that you are happy with where you are at in life! Not many people can say that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! Even all through being 24 I could never remember I was 24 lol I just don't feel this old lol And thanks, you are so right I need to remind myself and appreciate how at peace and in love with life I currently am because there are so many ppl who aren't. And that really is something to be greatful for. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! :)

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday pretty girl!! Enjoy your time with your mom! And even though turning 25 feels so "real" and adult like, as long as your happy you don't have to have it all figured out! That's what the journey of life is for-- sit back and enjoy the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly!! I am definitely trying and succeeding most of the time :) but you're so right, it doesn't all have to be figured out. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  13. Happy birthday!!! And that's so awesome that your Mom got to visit for a bit! I don't get to see my Mom often--but I love Skyping with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) I skype with my Mom too! It's so hard to be away from them

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous pearls! Happy happy birthday - enjoy the time with your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello from the link up! Happy, happy Birthday weekend!!! Hope it's been fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

© Your Blog Title. Powered by