Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Juicing my way through the week

Never thought I would be a juicer!

A friend of mine recently purchased a nutribullet and it is my new favorite kitchen appliance. You can make all kinds of smoothies and shakes. Whether you want to do a cleanse, add some more fruits and vegetables to your day or need a fast meal on the run, it takes roughly 2 minutes to make one! I just can't get enough. I think I'm going to have to drive on over to Walmart and get one! Once I make Gavin one I'm sure he'll approve of my purchase :)

Today's breakfast and lunch recipes! Don't let the color or wide variety of ingredients fool you... Mixed together they are delicious! 
Breakfast: 
Handful of spinach leaves
Half a banana
1/2 a cup of plain Greek yogurt (tons of protein, 22g per cup!)
A handful of frozen pineapple, mango and papaya 
A small pinch of GOJI Berries
A little squeeze of Organic Blue Agave
Lastly fill the cup halfway with water

Lunch: 
A bunch of kale
A bunch of spinach
A small pinch of GOJI Berries
1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1/2 banana
5 strawberries
3 pieces of frozen pineapple
4 slices of frozen peaches 
Lastly fill the cup halfway with water


Along with a avocado, tomato and feta salad stopped with balsamic vinegar and a little sea salt and pepper
Also try adding a little Cayanne Red Pepper to your salads, it adds a nice little spice! I love it! 
I've been attempting to eat healthier during breakfast and lunch so I can enjoy a yummier and a little less healthy dinner with Gavin!



No comments:

Post a Comment

© Your Blog Title. Powered by